Chocolate can lead to illness and even death to dogs. Vets say one of the most common causes of dog poisoning is chocolate. If your dog eats chocolate or dark chocolate, you should call a vet right away. You would have to watch your dog's behavior or make your dog vomit. A chocolate chip cookie can cause problems for a little dog, but not for a big dog. A bag of chocolate chips can spell trouble for a big dog.
Typically, your dog will vomit on his own. If your dog doesn't, the vet you take him to will tell you to give him hydrogen peroxide to make him vomit.
Some pet owners bribe their dog with peanut butter in a bowl and then put hydrogen peroxide around the rim. They do that because dogs tend to lick their bowls clean.
Once your dog vomits, do not give the dog any food or water. If you think your dog ate chocolate, don't wait for symptoms, because they take 6-12 hours to show up. Some symptoms include: extreme thirst, diarrhea, too much energy, pacing, panting, shaking, and seizures. The chocolate stays in the body for a long time. In severe cases, symptoms can last up to 72 hours. Early treatments will help your dog recover quicker. Vets judge the dog's condition and then decide on the right treatment. Most dogs survive because of fast acting owners.
Dark chocolates, baking chocolates, and dry cocoa powder are more dangerous than white chocolate or milk chocolate. Unlike most cats, dogs have a sweet tooth and will eat almost anything. They also don't know when they are full, so a 10 pound dog can easily eat a pound of chocolate. Small amounts of milk chocolate may not cause a problem in larger dogs, but it's still not recommended that pet owners offer their dog chocolate as a treat.
To make sure your dog doesn't take chocolate follow these tips:
1. Put away all the chocolate to where the dog cannot reach them.
2. Teach your dog to "leave it". The command "leave it" is very effective.
3. Create a sturdy crate that is large enough for your dog to stand up and turn around in it and be comfortable.
4. Also put toys, a blanket, and treats in the crate so the crate feels like their own personal den.
Here are a few types of chocolates listed in order of how toxic they are to dogs:
1. Cocoa powder (most toxic)
2. Unsweetened baker's chocolate
3. Semisweet chocolate
4. Dark chocolate
5. Milk chocolate
6. White chocolate (not very toxic)
#1 Purchase a finger board. If you are just starting, Tech Deck is a good way to go, but Girl and Zoo York are also good brands.
#2 Master the ollie. The ollie is the basic trick in fingerboarding. Place your middle finger on the tail of the board and your index finger in the middle. Some people like it closer to the nose of the board because it gives you more control. Press our middle finger down, forcing the front of the board up. Move your finger forward slightly, making the back of the board come up, too. This will not work if you do not do it quickly. Press down, but not forcefully, so that the board lands on the surface your skating on, and your fingers land on the board.
#3 Learn the 50-50. The 50-50 is the basic grind for skateboarding, fingerboarding and handboarding. Ride straight at the beginning at the rail or the edge of the box. Ollie at the rail or edge. Land your trucks on the rail or edge and slide along until you reach the end. Ride off and land it.
While sweeping your mid fingers, slide your index finger a little forward. This will make the board flip. Land it by practicing the trick a lot. Also put it in the Ollie position.
This is probably the first flip trick you will do. To start off, kick it up right where it start to dip in and kick out and catch it with your two fingers. So you put your back finger on the tail and your other just in the middle and slide it to the back of your board and do it until you get it right.